- The UC Library Catalog is the catalog of materials available on the UC campuses, including the University of Cincinnati Libraries, Law Library, UC Blue Ash Library, Clermont College Library, and the Lloyd Library and Museum. The Library Catalog can be used to locate a specific book, conference proceeding, dissertation, or journal. Using the Library Catalog, you may also request that circulating materials from one library be sent to the Chemistry-Biology Library. Requested items will be held at the circulation desk for pick-up. Note: it can take several days to transfer materials from one library to another. Materials can sometimes be obtained more quickly by going to the other library in person and checking out the desired material(s).
- Journal articles and conference papers may be located using electronic databases. Common databases used in Chemistry and Biology are available. View all Science & Engineering databases.
Obtaining Materials not available at UC
- There are several ways to obtain books and journal articles not available at UC. For books, the OhioLINK Central Catalog allows for statewide library catalog searching and self-ordering. Simply click on the "Request this Item" button when looking at the record for your desired title. Select the University of Cincinnati from the pull-down menu, then enter your name and UC ID Number. Requests through OhioLINK typically take 3-4 days. If the book is not available in OhioLink, traditional Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can be used, in which the item is requested to be borrowed from another library, outside the OhioLink consortium. Requests may be submitted online. ILL and borrowing are free, and are limited to UC students, faculty and staff.
- Books with the location "SW Depository" are located at the Southwest Ohio Regional Depository (SWORD), a shared remote storage facility. To obtain these resources, click on the "Request" button at the top of the record for your desired title. On the next screen, enter your name and UC ID number, select the pickup location from the pull-down menu, and click on the "Submit" button. Requests from SWORD typically take 3-5 days to arrive.
- For journal articles, if the article cannot be found locally through the UC Library Catalog (print or online) or online through the full-text journal finder, the article can be requested through ILL. Requests may be submitted online. ILL and borrowing are free, and are limited to UC students, faculty and staff.
- The Chemistry- Biology Library has a public copier located on the main floor of the library. This copier accepts coins, dollar bills, or UCID (Bearcat cards). Bearcat cards for non-UC users can be purchased at Langsam Library.
Recommend a Book or Journal
- Recommend a book or journal for purchase through Ted Baldwin, Director, Science and Engineering Libraries.