The University Archives comprise the largest portion of the library's holdings and documents the history and activities of the University of Cincinnati from its origins in the Cincinnati College, founded in 1819. The archives contain the official records of the university, including the records of the board of trustees, the presidents, individual colleges and academic departments, and other administrative offices and divisions.
The University Archives also contains the personal papers and publications of faculty and alumni, official publications of the university such as annual reports, studies, college catalogs, materials related to student life such as campus newspapers, yearbooks, and theses and dissertations. In addition to these materials, there are extensive photograph files of campus scenes and events, biographical files on persons associated with the university, and subject files on university activities, programs and buildings.
Some of the noteworthy subject areas of the University Archives are cooperative education, the Cincinnati Observatory, the College-Conservatory of Music, and industrial education.
- Annual Reports of the University of Cincinnati available on Google Books
- Board of Trustees
- Catalogues (various years) available on Google Books. Additional volumes are available in the Archives and Rare Books Library.
- Annual Fiscal Report - The current fiscal report is available online.
- UC Presidents
- Deans and Former Deans of the University
- Facts and Dashboard from the Office of Institutional Reseach - Reports related to student enrollment and university finances.
- Provosts and Chief Academic Officers of the University - A list of the current and former Chief Academic Officers of the University of Cincinnati
- UC Foundation Annual Reports
- Current University Organization Chart
- UC Facts
- Firsts and Discoveries at UC
- The Bearcat Through the Decades Online Exhibit
- Brief History of the University with an evolution of the colleges
- Historic Documents of the University of Cincinnati and its Colleges
- History of the University of Cincinnati: a series of lunchtime talks by Associate Vice President and University Spokesperson Greg Hand
- Honorary Degrees Awarded by the University of Cincinnati
- In Life and Death - The UC - Spring Grove Cemetery Connection
- Mick and Mack
- Ohio Mechanics Institute - College of Applied Science 175th Anniversary ("Keeping the Knot Tied" from UC Magazine)
- Why UC's Colors are Red and Black
- University Seal
- Collecting Student Life Archives: The Archives and Rare Books Library is interested in collecting archives from current student groups that document campus life
- Alumni Association
- The Cincinnatian Yearbook
- Cooperative Engineer
- The C-Ring Women's Leadership Award
- Faces of UC
- The Fresh Painters: An exhibit about this UC drama club
- Mr. Bearcat Award
- News Record Student Newspaper
- The Red & Black Book - Background information on The Red & Black Book