Lori E. Harris has been named interim dean and university librarian of the University of Cincinnati Libraries effective July 1, 2022. Harris initially joined the Libraries in 2015 as an associate fellow from the National Institutes of Health/National Library of … Continue reading
Archives and Rare Books Library
The Archives and Rare Books Library (ARB) acquires, processes, preserves, and provides access to the University's Rare Books collection, University Archives, Local Government records, Urban Studies collection, and German-Americana collection. These primary source materials support the research and teaching mission of the University of Cincinnati, as well as those of the general public.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is open by appointment only from Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is located on the 8th floor of Blegen Library on the University of Cincinnati’s uptown west campus.
- For assistance booking an appointment and more information, contact the library at email@example.com or (513)556-1959.
- Currently only two researchers may be in ARB at one time, and appointments are scheduled in four hour blocks.
The Archives and Rare Books Library is committed to providing the best possible service to all its patrons. The library prefers to receive inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as this ensures that we have important information, such as the correct spelling of last names and how best to contact you. We can also be reached at (513)556-1959
We respond to questions in the order in which they are received. Our average response time is currently 5 business days. We appreciate your patience.
Note, complex research questions that require extensive staff resources cannot be accommodated currently. However, the reading room is open for you to conduct your own research. Additionally, if you are unable to visit us yourself, we may be able to provide you with a short list of independent researchers for your consideration.
- The Archives and Rare Book Reading room is by appointment only. When making an appointment via email@example.com, please complete the on-line registration form that will be sent with your appointment confirmation.
- Once you arrive, please check in at the front desk by providing a picture ID. This ID will be held at the desk and returned at the end of your appointment.
- Place all personal belongings in the lockers provided. No bags, purses, briefcases or laptop cases are allowed in the reading room at any time.
- Paper, pencils, and laptops are allowed in the reading room. Pens are not permitted.
- Staff may provide handling recommendations and requests for example, gloves are required when working with photographic collections and are provided.
- Food and drinks are not permitted.
- Cell phones should be placed on silent or vibrate.
- Non-flash photography is permitted.
The University of Cincinnati Libraries will be closed, Monday, July 4 for Independence Day, with some locations also closing Sunday, July 3. Check each library location for specific hours. Normal hours for all library locations will resume Tuesday, July 5. … Continue reading
All University of Cincinnati Libraries locations will be closed Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day. Regular library hours for all locations will resume Tuesday, May 31. Have a safe holiday.
Archives & Rare Books Library
8th Floor Blegen Library
P.O. Box 210113
2602 University Circle
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0113