Thanks to the State Library of Ohio awarding OhioLINK the ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act) grant funded by IMLS (Institute of Museum and Library Services), we now have access to ‘Phase 1’ of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion electronic book … Continue reading
Archives and Rare Books Library
The Archives and Rare Books Library (ARB) acquires, processes, preserves, and provides access to the University's Rare Books collection, University Archives, Local Government records, Urban Studies collection, and German-Americana collection. These primary source materials support the research and teaching mission of the University of Cincinnati, as well as those of the general public.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is open by appointment only from Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. The Archives and Rare Books Library will be closed Friday December 23, 2022 through Monday January 2, 2023.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is located on the 8th floor of Blegen Library on the University of Cincinnati’s uptown west campus.
- For assistance booking an appointment and more information, contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513)556-1959.
- Currently only two researchers may be in ARB at one time, and appointments are scheduled in four hour blocks.
The Archives and Rare Books Library is committed to providing the best possible service to all its patrons. The library prefers to receive inquiries via email to email@example.com as this ensures that we have important information, such as the correct spelling of last names and how best to contact you. We can also be reached at (513)556-1959
We respond to questions in the order in which they are received. Our average response time is currently 5 business days. We appreciate your patience.
Note, complex research questions that require extensive staff resources cannot be accommodated currently. However, the reading room is open for you to conduct your own research. Additionally, if you are unable to visit us yourself, we may be able to provide you with a short list of independent researchers for your consideration.
- The Archives and Rare Book Reading room is by appointment only. When making an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org, please complete the on-line registration form that will be sent with your appointment confirmation.
- Once you arrive, please check in at the front desk by providing a picture ID. This ID will be held at the desk and returned at the end of your appointment.
- Place all personal belongings in the lockers provided. No bags, purses, briefcases or laptop cases are allowed in the reading room at any time.
- Paper, pencils, and laptops are allowed in the reading room. Pens are not permitted.
- Staff may provide handling recommendations and requests for example, gloves are required when working with photographic collections and are provided.
- Food and drinks are not permitted.
- Cell phones should be placed on silent or vibrate.
- Non-flash photography is permitted.
Did you know UC Libraries is comprised of 10 locations? In addition to the Walter C. Langsam Library, there are libraries located throughout campus with collections and resources customized to the various colleges and departments. Recently, representatives from Student Government … Continue reading
Announcing the 2021-22 University of Cincinnati Libraries Annual Progress Report: A Year of New Beginnings…a year that saw the broad return of students, faculty and staff to campus for fall semester. The transition from virtual to in-person was an extensive … Continue reading
Archives & Rare Books Library
8th Floor Blegen Library
P.O. Box 210113
2602 University Circle
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0113