Beginning Anew Announcing the 2022-2023 University of Cincinnati Libraries Annual Report. My tenure as dean and university librarian began in mid-August 2023, a time of great growth at the University of Cincinnati. I’ve spent these past six months learning as … Continue reading
Archives and Rare Books Library
The Archives and Rare Books Library (ARB) acquires, processes, preserves, and provides access to the University's Rare Books collection, University Archives, Local Government records, Urban Studies collection, and German-Americana collection. These primary source materials support the research and teaching mission of the University of Cincinnati, as well as those of the general public.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is open by appointment only from Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library is located on the 8th floor of Blegen Library on the University of Cincinnati’s uptown west campus.
- For assistance booking an appointment and more information, contact the library at email@example.com or (513)556-1959.
- Currently only two researchers may be in ARB at one time, and appointments are scheduled in four hour blocks.
The Archives and Rare Books Library is committed to providing the best possible service to all its patrons. The library prefers to receive inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as this ensures that we have important information, such as the correct spelling of last names and how best to contact you. We can also be reached at (513)556-1959
We respond to questions in the order in which they are received. Our average response time is currently 5 business days. We appreciate your patience.
Note, complex research questions that require extensive staff resources cannot be accommodated currently. However, the reading room is open for you to conduct your own research. Additionally, if you are unable to visit us yourself, we may be able to provide you with a short list of independent researchers for your consideration.
- The Archives and Rare Book Reading room is by appointment only. When making an appointment via email@example.com, please complete the on-line registration form that will be sent with your appointment confirmation.
- Once you arrive, please check in at the front desk by providing a picture ID. This ID will be held at the desk and returned at the end of your appointment.
- Place all personal belongings in the lockers provided. No bags, purses, briefcases or laptop cases are allowed in the reading room at any time.
- Paper, pencils, and laptops are allowed in the reading room. Pens are not permitted.
- Staff may provide handling recommendations and requests for example, gloves are required when working with photographic collections and are provided.
- Food and drinks are not permitted.
- Cell phones should be placed on silent or vibrate.
- Non-flash photography is permitted.
UC Libraries will be closed Monday, Jan. 15 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The Libraries will resume normal hours on Tuesday, Jan. 16. Want to learn more about Martin Luther King, Jr., his impact and legacy, and … Continue reading
Winter Break Hours for the University of Cincinnati Libraries began Monday, Dec. 11 and will run through Saturday, Jan. 6. All library locations will be CLOSED Saturday, Dec. 23 through Monday, Jan. 1 for Holiday and Winter Seasonal Days. A … Continue reading
Summer Terms: April 29 – August 20, 2023
- Monday: Closed to the public
- Tuesday - Friday: 9am – 5pm by appointment
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Monday May 29 (Memorial Day): Closed
- Monday June 19 (Juneteenth): Closed
- Tuesday July 4 (Independence Day): Closed
Archives & Rare Books Library
8th Floor Blegen Library
2602 University Circle
P.O. Box 210113
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0113