UC Libraries are closed Monday, September 7 for Labor Day, except for the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library, which will be open 9am-5pm.
Archives and Rare Books Library
The Archives and Rare Books Library is currently closed to researchers. Beginning August 24, with the start of the Fall semester, ARB will be open to researchers by appointment only.
Beginning August 24 with the start of the Fall semester, ARB will be open to researchers by appointment only.
- All researchers must make an appointment by contacting ARB staff by phone at 513-556-1959 or by email at email@example.com. All requests for ARB materials must be made at that time.
- All researchers must wear masks, practice appropriate social distancing, and abide by UC Libaries Health and Safety Protocols.
- Only two researchers may be in ARB at one time, and appointments are restricted to no more than four hours at a time.
- All materials used by researchers will be placed in quarantine for six days, including books in the reference collection.
- The ARB seminar room, room 814, will not be available for fall semester, and we are unable to accommodate onsite class visits for this same time period.
- ARB staff continue to handle reference and research questions for students, faculty, staff and UC administrative offices. Please leave a message at 513-556-1959 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return your message as soon as possible.
The Archives and Rare Books Library holds the University's Rare Books collection, University Archives, Local Government records, Urban Studies archive, and German-Americana collection. The Archives and Rare Books Library is located on the 8th floor of Blegen Library on the University of Cincinnati's uptown campus.
With the start of fall semester, UC Libraries will begin to re-open library facilities to the UC community in a limited, phased approach to ensure social distancing. Our priority remains to provide access to library resources to the extent possible while maintaining the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. The availability and use […]
Request library materials by 9:00 am Wednesday for Thursday pickup at select locations. Beginning immediately, the University of Cincinnati Libraries is providing users with phased access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research. The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request printed library materials in […]
Contact and Address
Archives & Rare Books Library
8th Floor Blegen Library
P.O. Box 210113
2602 McMicken Circle
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0113