The University of Cincinnati Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 for Thanksgiving, with the Walter C. Langsam Library closing early on Wednesday, November 25 at 5pm. Beginning Monday, November 30 library hours will vary by location with some closing their facilities and offering weekly Click & Collect library material retrieval […]
Archives and Rare Books Library
The Archives and Rare Books Library is open to researchers by appointment only.
Beginning August 24 with the start of the Fall semester, ARB will be open to researchers by appointment only.
- All researchers must make an appointment by contacting ARB staff by phone at 513-556-1959 or by email at email@example.com. All requests for ARB materials must be made at that time.
- All researchers must wear masks, practice appropriate social distancing, and abide by UC Libaries Health and Safety Protocols.
- Blegen Library (where the Archives and Rare Books Library is located) is accessible to UC students, faculty, and staff via their Bearcat card. Non-UC researchers should call ARB staff at 513-556-1959 upon their arrival to be let into the building.
- Only two researchers may be in ARB at one time, and appointments are restricted to no more than four hours at a time.
- All materials used by researchers will be placed in quarantine for six days, including books in the reference collection.
- The ARB seminar room, room 814, will not be available for fall semester, and we are unable to accommodate onsite class visits for this same time period.
- ARB staff continue to handle reference and research questions for students, faculty, staff and UC administrative offices. Please leave a message at 513-556-1959 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return your message as soon as possible.
The Archives and Rare Books Library holds the University's Rare Books collection, University Archives, Local Government records, Urban Studies archive, and German-Americana collection. The Archives and Rare Books Library is located on the 8th floor of Blegen Library on the University of Cincinnati's uptown campus.
UC Libraries will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day, except for the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library, which will be open 9am to 5pm. In addition, both the Click & Collect request and retrieval service and the CHAT online reference service will be unavailable Wednesday, Nov. 11. Regular hours will […]
UC Libraries are closed Monday, September 7 for Labor Day, except for the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library, which will be open 9am-5pm.
- Available by appointment 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Thanksgiving Break, Thursday, Nov. 26-Sunday, Nov. 29: Closed
- Wednesday, Dec. 9-Wednesday, Dec. 23: Facility Closed. Available for phone/internet/email research assistance, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Winter Season Days, Thursday, Dec. 24-Sunday, Jan. 3: Closed
- For assistance and more information, contact (513) 556-1959, e-mail at email@example.com, or on the web at https://libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb.html.
Contact and Address
Archives & Rare Books Library
8th Floor Blegen Library
P.O. Box 210113
2602 McMicken Circle
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0113