The CECH Library MakerLab is located in room 325 and can be used by members of the UC community to create instructional materials. The Lab is open during regular library hours. Our MakerLab is currently configured to support a rather diverse group – college students, pre-service teachers, and in-service teachers among them.
Our STEAM Kits are part of our mixed materials collections (nearby the MakerLab) and available for check out. These kits allow teachers to take design thinking and creativity on the road -- and into the classroom -- to support PK-12 students.
- Brass fasteners
- Bulletin board paper
- Button making materials
- Construction paper
- Dice, games, chips, game pawns
- Hook and loop/magnetic tape
- Index cards
- Lamination supplies
- Poster board
- Spiral binding combs
- For UC Students: We accept Bearcat Card/Student ID as payment.
- For UC Faculty and Staff: We accept Bearcat Card/ID or NIU Transfer of Funds form as payment. We cannont accept grant funds (account numbers that start with a "G") as payment.
- For Non-UC Community Members: If you are not a UC student, faculty or staff and do not have a Bearcat Card, visitor pass cards can be purchased in the Mainstreet Connection Center in Tangeman University Center, Level 3 (513-556-2000). Funds must be added to the visitor pass card prior to using for payment.