What is a reserve item?
Faculty members place items on reserve as part of their course materials to ensure large numbers of students can use a limited number of resources. Reserves are physical items such as books or media (traditional reserves) held at the library.
Reserve books are available in the UCBA Library for selected courses. To see if your textbook is on reserve, please check the following:
Your instructor should notify you if any of your class materials are on Reserve in the Library.
Traditional Reserve materials (texts and media) are located behind the Information Desk in the UCBA Library. Only selected textbooks are available; bring your syallbus to the Information Desk to see if the item you are looking for is available.
- Check-out periods vary from 4 hours to 3-day loans.
- A valid photo UC ID or Driver's License is required to check-out these materials.
- 4 hour Reserve items are "CAMPUS USE ONLY" and must remain at UCBA at all times, however they may be taken out of the library.
- Please be sure to check your item and time due slip to ensure the item is returned on time.
Excessive Overdue Reserves
UCBA Library Reserve items that are returned one or more days late will be considered as "excessively overdue."
- Students will be notified on their second "excessive overdue" occurrence for a UCBA Reserve item that a third occurrence will result in the suspension of UCBA Library borrowing privileges.
- The suspension of privileges will be in effect for the remainder of the current semester the occurrence took place, as well as the following academic semester for which the student is registered.
Please direct any inquiries to the UCBA Library Information Desk at 513-558-9452, ask to speak with a staff member or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Overdue Reserves may be appealed by submitting an online Appeal Form.
- Appeal requests will be reviewed and decisions will be communicated via email within 48 business hours of the submission barring any extenuating circumstances.
- Any delay in responding to the appeal will be communicated to the student.
Further action is required to make this script accessible
The below criteria must be satisfied:
- Affirm Accessibility must be checked AND
- You have an iFrame in the script without a title, use the 'iFrame Title' input to add one.
The script will not display on the live site until the issue above is resolved.
Visit the Faculty Course Reserve Guidelines page on Bearcats Landing (UC login required) for more information on how to place materials on Reserve. Please contact us or stop by for more information: