The University of Cincinnati Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 for Thanksgiving, with the Walter C. Langsam Library closing early on Wednesday, November 25 at 5pm. Beginning Monday, November 30 library hours will vary by location with some closing their facilities and offering weekly Click & Collect library material retrieval […]
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
Use these guides to locate library information and resources in support of the Medical Campus Colleges.
The Care / Crawley and Medical Sciences building where the Health Sciences Library is located requires UC i.d. for entry.
The HSL is open.
The library will reopen gradually by tiers as capacity dictates in order to maintain sanitation and social distancing.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am – 7 pm
- Tier 1. The E-Level of the library is open and available for patron use as of August 10th. Please note that seating will be limited to ensure the mandatory 6-foot physical distancing. (Seating capacity 25)
- Once capacity is reached, others must wait to enter the library until seating becomes available.
- Tier 2. HSL leadership will reassess space usage and, if necessary, open the G-Level of the library for patron use. (Seating capacity 40)
- Tier 3. HSL leadership will again reassess space usage of levels E&G to determine whether to open the R-Level of the HSL. (Seating Capacity 40)
While visiting the library:
- Masks are required and while HSL staff will be cleaning the area regularly, cleaning materials are also available to wipe down an area before and/or after use.
- Library spaces will not be available including the Troup Learning Space, the Winkler Center Lucas Board Room and the Informatics Lab
- Toward the end of August, HSL will assess the protocols for access with an eye toward expanding seating capacity, on-site services, and hours.
We appreciate your patience as we all navigate the beginning of fall semester.
Return Borrowed Materials
- Beginning August 10th, borrowed materials may be returned during operating hours.
- Return materials to a bin inside the library entry doors.
- NO FINES OR FEES will be assessed for overdue items (including items that cannot be renewed) borrowed via UC Libraries, OhioLINK, and Interlibrary Loan.
- The majority of HSL library staff will continue to be available between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday as the library gradually reopens. Weekend communications will be addressed on Monday.
Contact us and we will get back to you promptly (M-F):
- By phone: 513-558-1433 (please leave a detailed message)
- Ask a Question via this form.
- For IT questions: 513-556-4357 or 866-397-3382 (toll free)
UC Health staff: if you need remote library access, email Don Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly. Do NOT fill out the UC Health library application form.
- HSL ILLiad: Request articles (click on "Health Sciences Library Request System" and log in.)
- UC Libraries COVID-19: Library Service Updates and Resources
- Operating Hours: 9am-7pm, Monday-Friday
- Thanksgiving Break, Thursday, Nov. 26-Sunday, Nov. 29: Closed
- Winter Season Days:
- Thursday, Dec. 24-Sunday, Dec. 27: Closed
- Monday, Dec. 28-Wednesday, Dec. 30: Noon-4pm
- Thursday, Dec. 31-Sunday, Jan 3: CLOSED
As the HSL gradually reopens, the Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service will continue. UC users may still request printed library materials in the Library Catalog.
Only Health Sciences Library materials may be requested. These include print books from the HSL stacks, the Rothenberg Speech and Hearing collection, and the Browsing collection. At present, books from other UC Libraries may not be requested to arrive at HSL.
Beginning August 10, 2020, upon receipt of email confirmation regarding the retrieval request, the requester may pick up materials at the Health Sciences Library any time the library is open.
Contact email@example.com or (513) 558-0127 with questions.
OhioLink has restarted and requests will be accepted. Pickup is limited to HSL patrons.
HSL Library News
Xuemao Wang, vice provost for digital scholarship and dean and university librarian, is pleased to announce that Lori E. Harris has been appointed UC Libraries assistant dean and director of the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library and the Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions. In her new role, Harris […]
UC Libraries will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day, except for the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library, which will be open 9am to 5pm. In addition, both the Click & Collect request and retrieval service and the CHAT online reference service will be unavailable Wednesday, Nov. 11. Regular hours will […]
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0574
Phone: 513-558-0127 • Fax: 513-558-2682