Life of the Mind, interdisciplinary conversations with University of Cincinnati faculty, will return Tues, Sept. 22, at 2:30 p.m. with a lecture by John Lynch, professor of communication in the College of Arts and Sciences, who will speak on “Remembering When Medicine Went Wrong: Lessons for Medical Communication Today.” The lecture will be presented via […]
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
Use these guides to locate library information and resources in support of the Medical Campus Colleges.
The Care / Crawley and Medical Sciences building where the Health Sciences Library is located requires UC i.d. for entry.
The HSL is reopening gradually.
Beginning August 10, 2020
The library will open by tiers based as capacity dictates in order to maintain sanitation and social distancing.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am – 7 pm
- Tier 1. Beginning August 10, the E-Level of the library will be open and available for patron use. Please note that seating will be limited to ensure the mandatory 6-foot physical distancing. (Seating capacity 25)
- Once capacity is reached, others must wait to enter the library until seating becomes available.
- Tier 2. After three weeks, HSL leadership will reassess space usage and, if necessary, open the G-Level of the library for patron use. (Seating capacity 40)
- Tier 3. After a six-week period, HSL leadership will again reassess space usage of levels E&G to determine whether to open the R-Level of the HSL. (Seating Capacity 40)
While visiting the library:
- Masks are required and while HSL staff will be cleaning the area regularly, cleaning materials are also available to wipe down an area before and/or after use.
- Library spaces will not be available including the Troup Learning Space, the Winkler Center Lucas Board Room and the Informatics Lab
- Toward the end of August, HSL will assess the protocols for access with an eye toward expanding seating capacity, on-site services, and hours.
We appreciate your patience as we all navigate the beginning of fall semester.
Return Borrowed Materials
- Beginning August 10th, borrowed materials may be returned during operating hours.
- Return materials to a bin inside the library entry doors.
- NO FINES OR FEES will be assessed for overdue items (including items that cannot be renewed) borrowed via UC Libraries, OhioLINK, and Interlibrary Loan.
- The majority of HSL library staff will continue to be available between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday as the library gradually reopens. Weekend communications will be addressed on Monday.
Contact us and we will get back to you promptly (M-F):
- By phone: 513-558-1433 (please leave a detailed message)
- Ask a Question via this form.
- For IT questions: 513-556-4357 or 866-397-3382 (toll free)
UC Health staff: if you need remote library access, email Don Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly. Do NOT fill out the UC Health library application form.
- HSL ILLiad: Request articles (click on "Health Sciences Library Request System" and log in.)
- UC Libraries COVID-19: Library Service Updates and Resources
Operating Hours: 9am-7pm, Monday-Friday
As the HSL gradually reopens, the Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service will continue. UC users may still request printed library materials in the Library Catalog.
Only Health Sciences Library materials may be requested. These include print books from the HSL stacks, the Rothenberg Speech and Hearing collection, and the Browsing collection. At present, books from other UC Libraries may not be requested to arrive at HSL.
Beginning August 10, 2020, upon receipt of email confirmation regarding the retrieval request, the requester may pick up materials at the Health Sciences Library any time the library is open.
Contact email@example.com or (513) 558-0127 with questions.
OhioLink is restarting and requests will be accepted. Pickup is limited to HSL patrons.
HSL Library News
Looking for library print materials for research or study? The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next 1-2 business days. Users should wait for an […]
With the start of fall semester, UC Libraries will begin to re-open library facilities to the UC community in a limited, phased approach to ensure social distancing. Our priority remains to provide access to library resources to the extent possible while maintaining the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. The availability and use […]
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0574
Phone: 513-558-0127 • Fax: 513-558-2682