All University of Cincinnati Libraries locations will be closed Friday, June 18 in observance of Juneteenth. Regular library hours for all locations will resume Monday, June 21st. Please read President Pinto’s message regarding Juneteenth here.
College of Engineering and Applied Science Library
- Login for Access (UC ID)
- CEAS Research & Course Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Search for Print Books (Click & Collect) / OhioLINK
- Databases: Compendex | Scopus | All Engineering & Technology databases
- IEEE Xplore
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
- Standards & Codes online (ASTM, ISO, ASCE, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, etc)
- CEAS Textbooks Online
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, email@example.com – CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering ; A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections
- Mark Chalmers, firstname.lastname@example.org – CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering ; A&S: Mathematics, Physics
- Hong Cheng, email@example.com – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
- Holly Prochaska, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for February 15. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Click & Collect" are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the CEAS Library,
- Requested items are available for pickup in the hallway immediately outside the CEAS Library (8th floor Baldwin Hall). Please return items to the CEAS Library book drop.
- Contact Craig.Person@uc.edu with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Regular Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm
- Closed Monday, May 31 and Monday, July 5
- All UC Students are required to display a ‘Green’ pass to security guards on the UC COVID Check App. Faculty, staff and visitors may also use the UC COVID Check App in order to secure a green pass or will be asked screening questions to gain entry to all locations.
- For more information on the UC COVID app, please visit https://www.uc.edu/publichealth/return-to-campus-guide/covid-check-app.html
Check out the new science books that have been added to the Geology-Math-Physics and Langsam Libraries. You can get these books by using the Click & Collect service at each library. Click here to access the March-April 2021 list. You may be interested to see a book on Lucy Braun’s studies of prairies (sci QK31 […]
The UC Science and Engineering libraries have recently added a new collection of major reference works to its electronic resources. The books are on topics relevant to active research areas such as nanosensors and manufacturing. Nanosensors for Smart Cities This book covers the fundamental design concepts and emerging applications of nanosensors for the creation of […]