For 70 years, the Albino Gorno Memorial Library has served the research and instructional needs of the students and faculty of the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) at the University of Cincinnati. The CCM Library focuses on materials that support the music, musical theatre, and dance areas of CCM, while Langsam Library holds materials that support theatre and e-media.
Two separate private institutions – the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music (founded 1867) and the College of Music of Cincinnati (founded 1878) – merged in 1955 to form the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music. In 1962 the school became the fourteenth college of the University of Cincinnati, a municipal institution. The University became a state-affiliated institution in 1968, and in 1978, a full state university.
For more information about the CCM Library: