Ralph E. Oesper Chemistry-Biology Library
- Login for Access (UC ID)
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search E-Journals | E-Books
- Search Print Books - UC & OhioLINK
- Top databases: Web of Science | SciFinder | Reaxys | Biosis | PubMed (Medline)
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
- Research Data & GIS Services
- Oesper Collections (History of Chemistry)
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering ; (interim) CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education, Inclusive Excellence & Community Engagement (IECE)
- Mark Chalmers, email@example.com – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- When service desk is not open, reserve books, journal volumes and reference books can be requested by emailing Craig.Person@uc.edu. Outside of service desk hours, Chem-Bio items can be picked up and returned at the CEAS Library, 850 Baldwin Hall.
- For help with services, literature searching or locating articles, contact Science & Engineering Ask-A-Librarian or Ted.Baldwin@uc.edu.
- Service Desk Hours – doors will be open. Swipe access is still available outside of Service Desk hours from 7:30am to 7:00pm.
Fall Semester Hours:
- 9:00am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
- Closed, Saturday
- Closed, Sunday
Special Hours & Holidays
- Labor Day: Mon, Sept 6th (CLOSED 9/6)
- Veteran's Day: Fri, Nov 11th (CLOSED 11/11)
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Wed, Nov 23rd (OPEN, 11/23, 9am-5pm)
- Thanksgiving Holiday: CLOSED Thurs 11/24 - Friday 11/25
Note: Regular Service Desk hours on the fall reading days: Monday (10/10) & Tuesday (11/8).