Ralph E. Oesper Chemistry-Biology Library
- Off-Campus Login (UC Central Login required)
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Databases: Web of Science | SciFinder | Reaxys | Biosis | PubMed (Medline)
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, email@example.com – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering
- Mark Chalmers, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, email@example.com – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- Hong Cheng, firstname.lastname@example.org – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for February 15. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Click & Collect” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the Chem-Bio Library,
- All requested Chem-Bio items will be picked up from the Geo-Math-Physics Library, 240 Braunstein Hall. No pickup is available at Chem-Bio Library.
- Chem-Bio textbook reserve books with a status of "Click & Collect" can be requested through the Library Catalog.
- Contact Katie.Hillery@uc.edu with requests for Chem-Bio items with a status that is not "Click & Collect." This includes Chemistry-Biology Library's journal volumes, reference books and Oesper History of Chemistry Collection books.
- Operating Hours: UC i.d. card swipe is required for access. Card swipe hours for all undergraduates, as well as chemistry-biology grad students and faculty, are Monday-Friday, 7:30am-7pm.
- Thanksgiving Break, Thursday, Nov. 26-Sunday, Nov. 29: Closed
- Monday, November 30-Tuesday, Dec. 8: UC i.d. card swipe access, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-7pm.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9-Wednesday, Dec. 23: Facility Closed. Weekly Click & Collect only. Request by Monday for Wednesday pick up.
- Winter Season Days, Thursday, Dec. 24-Sunday, Jan. 3: Closed