CECH Spotlight highlights recommended books in the the UC College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH) Library. Ellen Outside the Lines / written by AJ Sass / 2022 CW: Queer character being outed Ellen Outside the Lines by … Continue reading
Walter C. Langsam Library
The Walter C. Langsam Library, the central library, contains over 1,000,000 volumes in the social sciences and humanities, as well as over 200,000 volumes in government depository collections of state, federal and international documents. Many library services are housed in Langsam Library, including LibraryIT, Library Instruction and general reference services. The Writing Center, the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CET&L) and the Faculty Enrichment Center call Langsam home.
The Desk @ Langsam
Situated to your left as you enter Langsam Library's ground level (the 4th floor,) staff and student assistants at The Desk @ Langsam assist users with finding titles and resources, checking out materials, answering their questions about, well, anything, and learning more about what UC Libraries has to offer the UC community.
A book drop for the return of materials can be found in the outer lobby of Langsam and in the plaza outside of the revolving door.
For additional questions, assistance and more information: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Contact Us web page.
Langsam Spaces & Access to Technology
Langsam Library offers a variety of spaces for learning, studying, creating, working with a small group or taking a break between classes. Highlights include:
- 13 larger group study rooms (four with technology), 5th and 6th floors - available first come-first served
- Small group/individual study rooms, 5th and 6th floors - available first come-first served
- Quiet Study spaces along the peripheral of the 5th and 6th floors
- Langsam Living Room, 4th floor - a variety of seating and study spaces
- Starbucks @ Langsam, 4th floor
- Langsam 451 - an inclusive prayer and meditation room courtesy of Student Government
- Video Editing Suite, Sound Isolation Booth and Green Room, 4th floor
- Access to UC's Wepa printing network and computer workstations provided by IT@UC, 4th floor
- A public access terminal for visitor, 4th floor behind the Security Guard station
- Adaptive Technologies, 4th floor
Langsam Library Spring Semester 2023
Sunday, January 8 through Friday, April 28, 2023
Users entering after The Desk closes must be affiliated with UC and present their Bearcat Card/photo ID.
|Monday||8 am - 8 pm||8 am - 3am|
|Tuesday||8 am - 8 pm||8 am - 3am|
|Wednesday||8 am - 8 pm||8 am - midnight|
|Thursday||8 am - 8 pm||8 am - midnight|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 10 pm|
|Saturday||Noon - 5 pm||Noon - 10 pm|
|Sunday||Noon - 8 pm||Noon - 3am|
|Langsam Library Spring Break Hours|
|Sunday, March 12 through Saturday, March 18, 2023|
|Monday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm|
- Monday, January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - Closed
- Sunday, March 12, 2023 - Closed
- Monday - Friday, March 13 - 17, 2023 - 8am-5pm for Spring Break
- Saturday, March 18, 2023 - Closed
- Wednesday & Thursday, April 19 & 20, 2023 - 8am - 3am
Users seeking assistance during our desk hours should call (513)556-1424. Users can also seek assistance via our Chat service Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm.
Langsam Library News
The University of Cincinnati Libraries and the Elliston Poetry Room announce the next roster of poets for Poetry Stacked, a semi-regular poetry reading series held in the 6th floor east stacks of the Walter C. Langsam Library. The next event, scheduled for Wednesday, … Continue reading
Thanks to the State Library of Ohio awarding OhioLINK the ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act) grant funded by IMLS (Institute of Museum and Library Services), we now have access to ‘Phase 1’ of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion electronic book … Continue reading
Contact and Address
Walter C. Langsam Library
2911 Woodside Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45221