The UCBA Library's physical location is closed in response to COVID-19 events. Library users are encouraged to hold onto materials until the library fully re-opens. Fines will not be incurred for UC, OhioLink, or InterLibrary Loan items. Virtual support is available.
UPDATE: This space is closed until further notice.
Study Rooms are available for UC student individual or collaborative academic study and research. Faculty and staff are not eligible to reserve these spaces during Fall and Spring but may use the study rooms during the summer and during breaks without making a reservation.
Study Room Amenities
- 8 rooms, with varied seating
- Large wall monitor with HDMI and VGA hook-up for laptops
- Whiteboard and markers
Fall and Spring Semesters before 2:00 PM Monday-Friday : To schedule a Study Room reservation, visit the Study Room online reservation system. Reservations may be cancelled through the confirmation email, or by contacting the UCBA Library Information Desk.
Contact the UCBA Library Information Desk at (513) 745-5710 for additional information or questions.
- A valid UC ID or Driver's License is required to check out a room. The key can only be checked out to the student who reserved the room.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis up to two weeks in advance.
- Time slots are in 30 minute increments; a maximum of 3 hours per day during the fall and spring semesters.
- Other individuals in the same group may not make reservations in order to exceed the group's 3 hour limit.
- Rooms must be claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation's start time. Unclaimed reservations, including all time slots reserved for that day, will be cancelled.
New for Spring 2020 Semester!
Monday-Thursday 2:00pm-8:45pm and Friday 2:00pm-4:45pm :
- All rooms are open to students with no reservation required on a first come first serve basis with no time limit.
- Students with reservations ending at 2:00pm have the choice to stay in the study room but must return the key to the circulation desk.
Study Rooms Terms and Conditions
Please observe the following study room Terms and Conditions, which uphold your commitment to the UC Bearcat Bond values. Consequences for not complying with these terms begin with loss of study room privileges.
- Study rooms are for academic study and research purposes only. Using study rooms, including flat screen monitors, for personal, non-academic, or recreational purposes is prohibited. Rooms are for UC student use only during the fall and spring semesters.
- Faculty and staff may use rooms during the Summer and Breaks only.
- Posted occupancy limits must be observed.
- Study rooms are not soundproof. Please keep the volume of media and discussion at a moderate to low level.
- Study rooms must be left clean and in order for fellow students.
- Do not leave the study room unattended. Unattended rooms will be forfeited and items will be collected by security. If you need to leave the room, please leave your key at the Information Desk. Keys unclaimed within 15 minutes will be forfeited.
- The room must be completely vacated before the key can be returned. Please begin cleaning up a few minutes before your reservation ends to ensure you return the key to the Information Desk on time.
- Individuals must vacate the study room 15 minutes prior to close.