The University of Cincinnati Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 for Thanksgiving, with the Walter C. Langsam Library closing early on Wednesday, November 25 at 5pm. Beginning Monday, November 30 library hours will vary by location with some closing their facilities and offering weekly Click & Collect library material retrieval […]
Online Resources and Support
- Off-Campus Login (UC Central Login required)
- Geo-Math-Physics Research Guides
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Databases: Web of Science | Biosis | SciFinder | GeoRef | Inspec | MathSciNet
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering
- Mark Chalmers, email@example.com – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- Hong Cheng, email@example.com – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for February 15. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library,
- Requested items are available for pickup in the hallway outside the library’s internal entrance at 240 Braunstein Hall.
- Contact Katie.Hillery@uc.edu with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Maps are not available for Click & Collect. Contact Holly Prochaska Holly.Prochaska@uc.edu (librarian for map collections) for assistance.
- No operating hours for users in Fall. Please go to Langsam Library or the Chemistry-Biology Library for study space in a library.
- GMP’s book drop opens on Aug 24, only for the return of GMP Library/Chem-Bio Library items.
- GMP stacks are not available for browsing. GMP stacks books can be requested through the Click and Collect request and pickup service. Contact Katie.Hillery@uc.edu with questions.
- GMP Reserve textbooks and reference books can be borrowed by emailing Katie.Hillery@uc.edu. These items will be due Wednesday, Nov. 25 (last day of in-person classes).
UC Libraries will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day, except for the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library, which will be open 9am to 5pm. In addition, both the Click & Collect request and retrieval service and the CHAT online reference service will be unavailable Wednesday, Nov. 11. Regular hours will […]
Looking for library print materials for research or study? The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next 1-2 business days. Users should wait for an […]