Users can request print library materials by 9am Wednesday for Thursday pickup. The University of Cincinnati Libraries is expanding its Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service providing users with access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research. Users may now request print items for pickup at the following additional […]
The physical facilities of UC Libraries remain closed until further notice; however, the Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request print library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made by 9:00 AM Wednesday will be available for pickup between noon-4:00 PM Thursday. Due dates have been automatically set for August 10. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library,
- Requested items are available for pickup on a table in the hallway immediately outside the library’s internal entrance at 240 Braunstein Hall.
- UC i.d. card swipe access may be required to enter Braunstein Hall.
- Contact Katie Hillery firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Maps are not available for Click & Collect. Contact Holly Prochaska email@example.com (librarian for map collections) for assistance.
Online Resources and Support
- Online Resources
- Geo-Math-Physics Research Guides
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Databases: Biosis | SciFinder | GeoRef | Inspec | MathSciNet
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
- Support and Services
- Off-Campus Access (Proxy login recommended)
- Contact your librarian with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations)
- Mark Chalmers, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, email@example.com – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- Ted Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering
- Hong Cheng, email@example.com – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
- Research Data & GIS Services
- Updates on ILL, OhioLINK, and returning materials
- Willis G. Meyer Map Collection
- Rare Book Collection (Geo-Math-Physics Library)
- Geological Guidebook Collection
While all UC Libraries’ physical locations remain closed until further notice, we are finalizing plans to provide users with access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research. A print collection retrieval and pickup service is being planned to begin soon after June 8. Once all preparatory activities are completed, we […]
The UC Science and Engineering libraries have recently added new e-books to the collection. These books are on several topics relevant to active research areas such as nanotechnology, robotic design, sustainability, and biomedical engineering. To locate many useful science & engineering resources for classes and research, please check out our updated Sciences library and CEAS Library websites. For help, […]
All physical library locations remained closed. The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service is available for UC users to request circulating library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations.
Requests made by 9:00 AM Wednesday will be available for pickup between noon-4:00 PM Thursday. Due dates have been automatically set for August 10.
For pickup locations, details and updates, visit https://libraries.uc.edu/about/covid-19.html.
Contact and Address
240 Braunstein Hall
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0153