UC Libraries will remain closed Tuesday, Feb. 16 except for: Walter C. Langsam Library: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m., building access only, no Click & Collect Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Ralph E. Oesper Chemistry-Biology Library: Card access, no changes in hours Clermont College Library: 12 p.m. – 4 […]
Online Resources and Support
- Off-Campus Login (UC Central Login required)
- Geo-Math-Physics Research Guides
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Search for Print Books (Click & Collect) / OhioLINK
- Databases: Web of Science | Biosis | SciFinder | GeoRef | Inspec | MathSciNet
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, email@example.com – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering
- Mark Chalmers, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, email@example.com – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- Hong Cheng, firstname.lastname@example.org – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for August 31, 2021. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library,
- Requested items are available for pickup in the hallway outside the library’s internal entrance at 240 Braunstein Hall.
- Contact Katie.Hillery@uc.edu with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Maps are not available for Click & Collect. Contact Holly Prochaska Holly.Prochaska@uc.edu (librarian for map collections) for assistance.
- No operating hours for users during spring semester.
- GMP’s book drop is open only for the return of GMP Library and Chem-Bio Library items.
- GMP stacks are not available for browsing. GMP books and textbook reserves can be requested through the Click and Collect.
- Journal volumes/reference books can be borrowed by emailing Katie.Hillery@uc.edu.
- For help with services, literature searching or locating articles, contact Science & Engineering Ask-A-Librarian or Ted.Baldwin@uc.edu.
Due to inclement weather, the University of Cincinnati will close from 2 p.m. until midnight on Monday, Feb. 15, 2021. This includes library locations. The Albino Gorno Memorial (CCM) Library will not open as scheduled at 1 p.m., but will remain closed. UC Libraries remains available online to provide users with access to library resources […]
Love Data Week takes place the week of Valentine’s Day. Created to raise awareness of research data management, sharing, reuse, and preservation of data, it has been promoted by library and data professionals since 2016 in both online and in-person events. You can see some of the events taking place around the world at the […]