June Taylor-Slaughter, public services and student supervisor in the Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library, has been selected to receive the university’s prestigious 2021 Marian Spencer Equity Ambassador Award for staff. In the thoughtful words of her numerous nominators: “June Taylor-Slaughter has dedicated her time and skills to promoting awareness of racial equity and diversity issues throughout her 25+ […]
Online Resources and Support
- Off-Campus Login (UC Central Login required)
- Geo-Math-Physics Research Guides
- Chemistry-Biology Research Guides
- Search: E-Journals | E-Books
- Search for Print Books (Click & Collect) / OhioLINK
- Databases: Web of Science | Biosis | SciFinder | GeoRef | Inspec | MathSciNet
- All UC Libraries databases (search by database name or select Subject Area)
- E-Books & Proceedings in STEM (Springer, Wiley, ASME, Taylor & Francis/CRC, etc)
Your librarian can assist with questions & requests (e-book purchases, instruction sessions, research consultations). Contact your librarian or use our Science & Engineering Ask A-Librarian form:
- Ted Baldwin, email@example.com – A&S: Biology, Chemistry/Oesper Collections ; CEAS: Biomedical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering
- Mark Chalmers, firstname.lastname@example.org – A&S: Mathematics, Physics ; CEAS: Aerospace, Civil & Architectural, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Holly Prochaska, email@example.com – A&S Geology, Geography, Map collections, Environmental Studies
- Hong Cheng, firstname.lastname@example.org – CEAS: Computer & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Education
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for August 31, 2021. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
At the Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library,
- Requested items are available for pickup in the hallway outside the library’s internal entrance at 240 Braunstein Hall.
- Contact Katie.Hillery@uc.edu with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Maps are not available for Click & Collect. Contact Holly Prochaska Holly.Prochaska@uc.edu (librarian for map collections) for assistance.
- No operating hours for users during spring semester.
- GMP’s book drop is open only for the return of GMP Library and Chem-Bio Library items.
- GMP stacks are not available for browsing. GMP books and textbook reserves can be requested through the Click and Collect.
- Journal volumes/reference books can be borrowed by emailing Katie.Hillery@uc.edu.
- For help with services, literature searching or locating articles, contact Science & Engineering Ask-A-Librarian or Ted.Baldwin@uc.edu.
In a ceremony held April 2 during Research and Innovation Week, librarians Ted Baldwin and Eira Tansey were recognized for their contributions to colleagues and to their fields. The Office of the Provost and the Office of Research jointly sponsor the awards to honor faculty who have demonstrated excellence in teaching, research and/or service. […]
User access to library electronic resources is controlled by UC credentials and the Libraries proxy server. To improve management of this, UC Libraries is changing proxy servers at the end of the spring semester. As a result, all URLs containing the library proxy will need to be changed to the new server address. The Libraries […]