Student Employment at UCBA Library
Are you a positive, dedicated person? Do you have basic computer and customer service skills, but you're looking for more? And most importantly, do you love books, technology and helping others? Then, a job at the library may be for you!
The UCBA Library is always looking for enthusiastic people to join a welcoming work environment, focused on providing exceptional service. UCBA Library is the ideal place for students looking for part-time work to fit into their class schedule. Some benefits include:
- Convenient hours
- Friendly work environment
- Comparable pay
- Storage space for personal belongings
- Acquire library skills to assist with your course research
- Acquire customer service skills
- Earn recommendations for future job applications
If you're a positive, reliable and service-oriented person who shares our core values (below), we encourage you to consider joining our staff.
UCBA Library Student Assistant Core Values
What we believe & how we act: Achieving success requires great students who actively demonstrate the following values and behaviors.
- Recognizing when you need help and asking.
- Using your tools to answer questions
- Problem solving unique situations.
- Being punctual, reliable, and following the Student Handbook.
- Displaying expertise and care in your work, being efficient, and managing your time wisely.
- Representing yourself and the library well by being polite, respectful, and honest.
- Offering proactive service by greeting users, making yourself available, and answering questions efficiently and completely.
- Being focused and willing to help; remember users come first.
- Providing factual and reliable information equally and without bias.
- Promoting and participating in pro-active discourse across all positions.
- Actively listens to and values the questions, concerns, and ideas of others.
- Meeting face-to-face and fostering open discussions.
- Working together in a respectful manner.
- Being accountable for what you do and say.
- Learning from others and sharing feedback.