Academic poster printing is available in the CECH Library. See below for poster printing basics, cost per poster size, pre-sized templates, payment information, how to create a poster using Microsoft PowerPoint, and more.
Poster printing services are currently unavailable at the CECH Library. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Other UC poster printing resources include:
- UC Printing Services - 3-day turnaround time. Multiple locations, including Arts & Sciences Hall on Uptown West Campus.
- 1819 Innovation Hub Makerspace - Fill out the form to schedule a print time.
- DAAP Photo Lab - Available to DAAP students only.
- College of Medicine - Available to UC College of Medicine graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and undergraduate summer program students only.
Poster Printing Basics
- To request a poster to print, email poster PDF, sizing requirements, and desired pick-up date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To guarantee your pickup time, please send your poster one week in advance. There is a mandatory two-day lead time for all poster requests.
- Turnaround time may vary depending on the library's printing queue. To inquire about current turnaround times, please contact email@example.com.
- Payment is due at time of pickup. Find more payment information below.
- All posters must be picked up at the CECH Library Information Desk.
- All posters will be printed on photo glossy paper. No exceptions are available.
- The maximum size for posters is 41.5 x 48 inches.
- Custom-sized posters are $0.03 per square inch.
- To calculate cost per square inch, first multiply the poster height by the poster width. Next, multiply that total by 0.03. For example: 30 x 40 inches = 1,200 square inches. 1,200 square inches x $0.03 = $36 printing cost.
- The CECH Library is not responsible for user errors in page design, page set-up, or omission of text.
- The patron/customer is not responsible for equipment errors, malfunctions, or any input errors made by CECH Library staff.
Paying for Your Poster
- Payment is required at the time of pickup.
- For UC Students: We accept Bearcat Card/Student ID as payment. Instructions on adding funds to your Bearcat Card are available.
- For UC Faculty and Staff: We accept Bearcat Card/ID or NIU Transfer of Funds form as payment. We cannont accept grant funds (account numbers that start with a "G") as payment.
- For Non-UC Community Members: If you are not a UC student, faculty or staff and do not have a Bearcat Card, visitor pass cards can be purchased in the Mainstreet Connection Center in Tangeman University Center, Level 3 (513-556-2000). Funds must be added to the visitor pass card prior to using for payment.
Once the page is printed and there are no mechanical errors or defects caused by CECH Library staff, prompt payment is expected and there are no refunds. All sales are final.
Creating a Poster in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint is the easiest way to create a UC-branded poster with minimal formattting work. You can use PowerPoint on a PC or Mac, but switching between versions can result in the loss of some formatting fidelity.
- Begin by choosing a UC-branded PowerPoint template, or use one of the pre-sized templates in the chart above.
- Change the slide size to that of your desired poster dimensions, such as 36 x 48 inches. Default PowerPoint slide sizes are much smaller than typical posters -- 13..333 x 7.5 inches (widescreen) or 10 x 7.5 inches (standard).
- See chart above for poster sizes, pre-sized templates, and printing costs. How to Resize a PowerPoint Slide.
- Add your content and edit as needed. When complete, save/print as a PDF.