- To promote the administrative efficiency at the University by removing inactive or obsolete records from offices.
- To protect the University by ensuring compliance with all internal, state, and federal policies regarding the creation and disposition of University records.
- To ensure that all documents of administrative or historical value are rightfully preserved through transfer to the University Archives.
The program provides the following for the University:
- Records will be maintained in their respective office only as long as is necessary which will relieve files of space-consuming non-current documents and improve access to current records.
- Records Retention Schedules for each University department identifying and protecting vital records.
- Assistance and advisement on filing systems, alternative record formats (imaging and micrographics), and email.
- Annual review of Records Retention Schedule.