UC Online Library
Welcome to UC Online Library! This portal directs you to essential resources and services to enable online research and scholarly work, as well as information on changes in services and access due to our current facilities closure.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service (now expanded to a daily service!) allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made daily Monday-Friday are typically available the next business day. Users should wait for an e-mail pickup notice before coming to the library to pick up requested items. There is a limit of 10 items per request/25 a week.
Due dates have been automatically set for August 31. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
For location details and updates, visit https://libraries.uc.edu/about/covid-19/click-collect.html.
Services to assist in locating, accessing and managing library resources.
Using Library Materials
- Due dates have been extended for all materials to August 31, 2021.
- If you must return print materials, a book return drop box is available in the Walter C. Langsam Library lobby.
- As we are following REALM (Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums) Project recommendations, all library print materials will be quarantined six days before being processed and made available to users. This applies to both returned library materials and those requested through OhioLINK or Interlibrary Loan.
- If you wish to return equipment to The Desk @ Langsam Library, you may schedule an appointment, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10am-4pm with this form or email Ben Kline to arrange for the drop off. Please do not visit Langsam to return equipment without an appointment.
Key Library E-Resources
Online resources for teaching, learning and research.
- Library Materials for Online Teaching
- Online Reference Shelf
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) - UC users may “checkout” books we have identified as owning in print that are also part of the HathiTrust digital collection. To access:
- Click yellow Log In button
- Choose University of Cincinnati from the dropdown
- You will receive the standard UC login box requesting your username and password
- Next, you will be asked to use the dual signin Duo
- Once completed, the HathiTrust screen will display showing you as Member (in the right hand corner of the screen)
- From there, you can search. Once you find a desired title, if you see a Temporary Access link, you will be able to check out the title.
- Free Cultural Resources
Search for Articles, Books, Journals and Databases via the Libraries Catalog.