Study Rooms are available for UCBA student’s individual or collaborative academic study and research. Non-UCBA UC students may reserve Study Rooms from 5pm - 9pm Monday - Thursday for Fall and Spring, as well as during the summer and during all breaks. Faculty and staff may only reserve these rooms during summer and during breaks.
Study Room Amenities:
- 8 rooms, with varied seating
- Large wall monitor with HDMI and VGA hook-up for laptops
- Whiteboard and markers
To schedule (or) cancel a Study Room reservation visit the Study Room online reservation system. Contact the UCBA Library Information Desk at (513) 745-5710 for additional information or questions.
- A valid UC ID or Driver’s License is required to check out a room. The key can only be checked out to the student who reserved the room.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis up to two weeks in advance.
- Time slots are in 30 minute increments; a maximum of 3 hours per day during the fall and spring semesters. The last booking of the day ends 15 minutes prior to close
- Other individuals in the same group may not make reservations in order to exceed the group's 3 hour limit.
- Rooms must be claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation's start time. Unclaimed reservations, including all time slots reserved for that day, will be cancelled.
Please observe the following study room Rules of Conduct, which uphold your commitment to the UC Bearcat Bond values. Consequences for not complying with these rules begin with loss of study room privileges.
- Study rooms are for academic study and research purposes only. Using study rooms, including flat screen monitors, for personal, non-academic, or recreational purposes is prohibited. Rooms are for UCBA student use only during the fall and spring semesters.
- Posted occupancy limits must be observed.
- Study rooms are not soundproof. Please keep the volume of media and discussion at a moderate to low level.
- Study rooms must be left clean and in order for fellow students.
- Do not leave the study room unattended. Unattended rooms will be forfeited and items will be collected by security. If you need to leave the room, please leave your key at the Information Desk. Keys unclaimed within 15 minutes will be forfeited.
- The room must be completely vacated before the key can be returned. Please begin cleaning up a few minutes before your reservation ends to ensure you return the key to the Information Desk on time.
- Failure to comply with the study room policies may result in having your UCBA study room use privileges suspended at a minimum for the remainder of the current academic semester.
This page was last reviewed on 10/4/18.