Are you a positive, dedicated person? Do you have basic computer and customer service skills, but you're looking for more? And most importantly, do you love books, technology and helping others? Then, a job at the library may be for you!
The UCBA Library is always looking for enthusiastic people to join a welcoming work environment, focused on providing exceptional service. UCBA Library is the ideal place for students looking for part-time work to fit into their class schedule. Some benefits include:
- Convenient hours
- Friendly work environment
- Comparable pay
- Storage space for personal belongings
- Acquire library skills to assist with your course research
- Acquire customer service skills
- Earn recommendations for future job applications
If you’re a positive, reliable and service-oriented person who shares our core values (below), we encourage you to consider joining our staff.
To apply for student employment at UCBA Library, complete the online application.
UCBA Library Student Assistant Core Values
What we believe & how we act: Achieving success requires great students who actively demonstrate the following values and behaviors.
- Recognizing when you need help and asking.
- Using your tools to answer questions.
- Problem solving unique situations.
- Being punctual, reliable, and following the Student Handbook.
- Displaying expertise and care in your work, being efficient, and managing your time wisely.
- Representing yourself and the library well by being polite, respectful, and honest.
- Offering proactive service by greeting users, making yourself available, and answering questions efficiently and completely.
- Being focused and willing to help; remember users come first.
- Providing factual and reliable information equally and without bias.
- Promoting and participating in pro-active discourse across all positions.
- Actively listens to and values the questions, concerns, and ideas of others.
- Meeting face-to-face and fostering open discussions.
- Working together in a respectful manner.
- Being accountable for what you do and say.
- Learning from others and sharing feedback.
This page was last reviewed on 5/17/18.