With a focus on publishing in social justice and community engagement, the mission of the University of Cincinnati Press is to cultivate and disseminate scholarly and accessible works of the highest quality for the enhancement of the global community.
The University of Cincinnati Press is a pioneer in creating a unique business model fully integrated within the Libraries' infrastructure. We are excited to maximize economies of scale and focus 100% of our resources on publishing functions for our authors and readers.
The press is a leader in the exploration of unique modes of publishing, combining traditional scholarly content with platforms and delivery methods that enhance and support our readers, scholars and authors. Alongside traditional methods of publishing distribution, the press, in collaboration with UC Libraries operational teams and world-class initiatives such as Scholar@UC, Digital Humanities/Digital Scholarship, and Scholarly Communications, provides a complete ecosystem of author tools, publishing methods, preservation and distribution designed to cost effectively broaden and enhance user discovery and experience while at the same time increasing the university’s intellectual outcomes. The vision of the University of Cincinnati Press is to be a real-world publisher for scholars, practitioners and students with global reach and impact.
“The new Press will serve as a major component of the emerging scholarly publishing ecosystem hosted by UC Libraries in partnership with others,” said Xuemao Wang, dean and university librarian. “Alongside the Scholar@UC digital repository, our work in digital humanities and digital scholarship, online journals, eLearning course materials and other programs, the Press will provide a formal, peer-reviewed publishing enterprise serving authors and readers world-wide.”
- Elizabeth Scarpelli, Press Director - email@example.com; Cell: (513) 649-7638 (preferred); Office: (513) 556-1494
- Author Submission Guidelines – COMING SOON
News about the University of Cincinnati Press:
- The University of Cincinnati to Launch a New Acedemic Press
- Library Journal’s Info Docket - http://www.infodocket.com/2016/05/27/scholarly-publishing-university-of-cincinnati-plans-to-launch-new-academic-press-supported-by-uc-libraries/
- University Herald - http://www.universityherald.com/articles/31001/20160528/university-cincinnati-start-academic-press-dedicated-social-issues.htm
- Shelf Awareness - http://www.shelf-awareness.com/issue.html?issue=2769#m32736
- Publisher’s Weekly - http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/publisher-news/article/70562-university-presses-cope-with-budget-cuts.html
- Elizabeth Scarpelli Named the Director of the University of Cincinnati Press