Off Campus Access
Many publishers require authentication before using library resources.
There are two methods of connecting, VPN or Proxy.
If you are a UC faculty, staff, or currently enrolled student, Secure Access via the VPN is recommended when accessing UC resources from off campus.
Ideal method for longer research sessions lasting up to 4 hours. You can login to the VPN, or install a client on your device.
How to Download AnyConnect VPN
- Go to vpn.uc.edu to access the UC AnyConnect client application installers.
- Once installed, start the VPN client from your computer/device, launch your browser and begin your research. (MacOS - use Chrome or Firefox NOT Safari)
Ideal for research sessions that require quick and easy access.
Click on the Library Off Campus Access (Proxy) Button to login with your UC ID username and password (6+2 - same as Blackboard).
- Once you login, you'll be returned to the main Library homepage and can begin your research.
- UCMC UC Health staff: register for access to UC library resources; once registered log in using 988 numbers issued by the HSL.
- Children's Hospital (CCHMC) staff : log in with last name and ID (usually 5 digits)
- Physicians with dual UC and CCHMC appointments: log in using the UC central login
Help with Off Campus Access
Replace this text component with your accordion's content.