The physical library is open for Summer Hours -- Monday-Friday, 1-6pm -- until August 20, 2021. The following services are available in person, virtually, or both.
We will continue to update these FAQs and applicable web pages and adapt according to needs and feedback. Our hours and services are also subject to change due to changing safety measures, public health guidance and directives. As always, we will update the CCM community on significant changes via email, the CCM Library web site and LiBlog posts.
CCM LIBRARY FAQs
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows you to request available physical library materials using the online Library Catalog. For example, you may request books, scores, CDs, DVDs, etc.
NB: The Click & Collect service continues until July 30, 2021. From 2 August 2021, the CCM Library stacks and Circulation Desk will re-open to patrons, and Click & Collect discontinues.
- Click & Collect service:
In the online Library Catalog, items with the status of “Click & Collect” are available for request.
- Click on the “Request” button at the top of the catalog record, login (UCID + password), and fill in the requested information.
- Indicate to which library you would like the item delivered (i.e. to the CCM Library).
- When requesting more than one item, after completing the first request, choose the Patron Record button and then the Search Catalog button to search for the next item.
- There is a limit of 10 requests per day.
Requests will be available for pickup, usually within 1-2 working days.
- Users will receive an automated message when a requested item is pulled.
- CCM Library materials are available for pickup on a table inside the library’s main entrance (6th floor, Blegen Library), from Monday to Friday, 1.00-6.00pm.
The due date is August 31, 2021.
- The Reading Room stacks are open to browsing for library visitors. All available items may also be requested via the Click and Collect service.
- The Scores Room stacks and Journal Room stacks are closed to browsing; however, all available items may be requested via the Click and Collect service.
- The due date for all materials borrowed from the UC Libraries is August 31, 2021.
- If you have item(s) checked out that you would like to keep borrowing, you may try extending the due date(s) using My Library Record.
Returns of CCM Library materials are accepted and encouraged if the items are no longer needed. Please place return items in the dropbox/carts on the landing outside the main entrance to the CCM Library (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library).
There are 12 study spaces for students and faculty in the Reading Room. No appointments are necessary.
The 7th floor is currently closed. But you can check materials out to your carrel and leave them on a designated table in the Reading Room.
There are 7 computer study spaces for students and faculty in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary. Use of computers for media listening requires personal headphones.
Students and faculty may use a Technics SL-1200 turntable (to play LP/vinyl records) in the Media Room (requires personal headphones). No appointments are necessary.
Students and faculty may use the scanner in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary.
Students and faculty may use the 2 electronic pianos in the Media Room (requires personal headphones). No appointments are necessary.
Course Reserves are unavailable at the CCM Library (and across UC Libraries) for summer semester.
Faculty can schedule a consultation with Jenny Doctor, head of the CCM Library (email@example.com) for research and teaching support needs. The Subject Librarians' Guide provides contact information for librarians from other UC Libraries' units who may provide teaching, research, or online learning support in many other subject areas.