As of Monday, Aug. 24, the CCM Library will be reopening Monday–Friday, 1–6:00pm, with the following services available in person, virtually or both.
We will continue to update these FAQs and applicable web pages during Fall Semester and adapt according to needs and feedback. Our hours and services are also subject to change due to changing safety measures, public health guidance and directives. As always, we will update the CCM community on significant changes via email, the CCM Library web site and LiBlog posts.
- The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows you to request available physical library materials using the online Library Catalog For example, you may request books, scores, CDs, DVDs, LPs, etc.
- In the online Library Catalog, items with the status of “Click & Collect” are available for request.
- Click “Request” at the top of the catalog record, login, and fill in the requested information.
- When requesting more than one item, after completing the first request, choose the Patron Record button and then the Search Catalog button to search for the next item.
- Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location. There is a limit of 10 requests per day.
- Requests will be available for pickup within one or two business days, usually around 1:00pm, Monday through Friday, at designated location(s).
- Users will receive an automatic message when a requested item is pulled. They should consult their library record to see when it is available for pickup.
- CCM Library materials are available for pickup on a designated table in the library atrium.
- Due dates are February 15, 2021.
- The Reading Room stacks are open to browsing by appointment; see CCM Library Appointments. All available items may also be requested via the Click and Collect service.
- The Scores Room stacks and Journal Room stacks are closed to browsing; however, all available items may be requested via the Click and Collect service.
As of Monday, Aug. 10, OhioLINK & ILL user-initiated requests resumed (see Interlibrary Loan).
- OhioLINK & ILL pick up is available only at Langsam Library. (NB: Retrieval at the CCM Library is not currently available).
- Items will be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival at Langsam Library. Users will be notified of pick-up availability when the quarantine period is completed.
- The due date for all materials borrowed from the UC Libraries is February 15, 2021.
- If you have item(s) that were borrowed before August, the due date(s) have been automatically extended.
Returns of CCM Library materials are accepted and encouraged if item(s) is(are) no longer needed. Please place return item(s) in the dropbox/carts on the landing outside the main entrance to the CCM Library (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library).
The 7th floor is currently closed. But you can check materials out to your carrel and leave them on a designated table in the Reading Room.
There are 7 computer study spaces for students and faculty in the Media Room by appointment; see (CCM Library Appointments). If space allows, an appointment may be made without prior notice. Use of computers for media listening requires personal headphones.
Students and faculty may use a turntable (to play LP records) in the Media Room by appointment; see (CCM Library Appointments). If space allows, an appointment may be made without prior notice. Use of turntable for listening requires personal headphones.
Students and faculty may use the 2 electronic pianos in the Media Room by appointment; see (CCM Library Appointments). If space allows, an appointment may be made without prior notice. Use of electronic pianos requires personal headphones.
Course Reserves are unavailable at the CCM Library (and across UC Libraries) for fall semester.