The CCM Library is open Monday-Friday, 1-6pm, with the following services available in person, virtually or both.
We will continue to update these FAQs and applicable web pages and adapt according to needs and feedback. Our hours and services are also subject to change due to changing safety measures, public health guidance and directives. As always, we will update the CCM community on significant changes via email, the CCM Library web site and LiBlog posts.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows you to request available physical library materials using the online Library Catalog For example, you may request books, scores, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- In the online Library Catalog, items with the status of “Click & Collect” are available for request.
- Click on the “Request” button at the top of the catalog record, login (UCID + password), and fill in the requested information.
- When requesting more than one item, after completing the first request, choose the Patron Record button and then the Search Catalog button to search for the next item.
- There is a limit of 10 requests per day.
- Only CCM Library items may be requested for pick up at the CCM Library. At present, books from other UC Libraries may not be requested to arrive at CCM Library.
Requests will be available for pickup, usually within 1-2 working days.
- Users will receive an automated message when a requested item is pulled.
- CCM Library materials are available for pickup on a table inside the library’s main entrance (6th floor, Blegen Library), from Monday to Friday, 1.00-6.00pm.
The due date is August 31, 2021.
- The Reading Room stacks are open to browsing for library visitors. All available items may also be requested via the Click and Collect service.
- The Scores Room stacks and Journal Room stacks are closed to browsing; however, all available items may be requested via the Click and Collect service.
OhioLINK & ILL user-initiated requests are available (see Interlibrary Loan).
- OhioLINK & ILL pick up is available only at Langsam Library.
(NB: Retrieval at the CCM Library is not currently available).
- Items will be quarantined for 3 days upon arrival at Langsam Library. Users will be notified of pick-up availability when the quarantine period is completed.
- The due date for all materials borrowed from the UC Libraries is August 31, 2021.
- If you have item(s) checked out that you would like to keep borrowing, you may try extending the due date(s) using My Library Record.
Returns of CCM Library materials are accepted and encouraged if the items are no longer needed. Please place return items in the dropbox/carts on the landing outside the main entrance to the CCM Library (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library).
There are 12 study spaces for students and faculty in the Reading Room. No appointments are necessary.
The 7th floor is currently closed. But you can check materials out to your carrel and leave them on a designated table in the Reading Room.
There are 7 computer study spaces for students and faculty in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary. Use of computers for media listening requires personal headphones.
Students and faculty may use a turntable (to play LP records) in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary. Use of turntable for listening requires personal headphones.
Students and faculty may use the scanner in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary.
Students and faculty may use the 2 electronic pianos in the Media Room. No appointments are necessary.
Course Reserves are unavailable at the CCM Library (and across UC Libraries) for summer semester.