The University of Cincinnati Libraries offer many ways to create and access digital resources in a variety of spaces across campus.
A Collaborative Space for Innovation at the Health Sciences Library
Health Sciences Library
The Informatics Lab is designed for innovative and collaborative hands-on learning experiences. It is a place for UC researchers and graduate students to connect, collaborate, and receive research support services.
To reserve the room fill out the form at http://med.uc.edu/comlibraries/informatics-lab-form/. With any other questions please contact us at email@example.com. The primary audience for the space is faculty and graduate students at the UC Academic Health Center.
Technology and Software
Windows 7:Office,Skype, SPSS,SAS,R, RStudio, Matlab,Cytoscape, ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoDA, TerraGO Toolbar, Satscan, EpiInfo, 7zip,Notepad++,Python + scipy + NumPy IGV,MySQL Workbench, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, InCopy, Dreamweaver, FlashPro/Builder, Acrobat Pro, Audition, Bridge, Animate, Prelude, Fireworks)
OSX:Office, Skype, SPSS, SAS, R, RStudio, Matlab, Cytoscape,QGIS, GeoDA, TerraGO Toolbar, Satscan, EpiInfo, TextMate, The Unarchiver, Python + scipy + NumPy IGV, MySQL workbench, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, InCopy, Dreamweaver, FlashPro/Builder, Acrobat Pro, Audition, Bridge, Animate, Prelude, Fireworks)
Equipment: 2 iMacs,2 PCs,1 AirMedia unit for wireless presentation from any mobile device,4 whiteboard tables, 2 standing whiteboards, 1 wall-mounted white board
Policies and Guidelines
- To reserve this space, fill out the form at http://med.uc.edu/comlibraries/informatics-lab-form/. With any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Informatics Lab is open to the UC students, faculty, and staff. The highest priority is given to UC AHC faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Due to the unique and specialized equipment available in the Informatics Lab, recurring and repetitive reservations are limited so it may serve a wide range of groups within the AHC.
- A minimum group of three individuals is required to reserve the entire room. Individuals can reserve the computers.
- Faculty, staff, or graduate students may reserve the room for two hours at a time. It is possible to reserve two, two-hour timeslots for longer projects or meetings.
- If this room is not used within 20 minutes of the scheduled reservation start-time, it is considered vacant and will be available to others on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Based on interest and use, we plan to expand this space with more equipment and programs.
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 AM - 5 PM
Food and Drink: Items for personal consumption (e.g. drinks or snacks) are allowed, but formal, catered events are not permitted.
Contact us: email@example.com
Below is a selection of computer labs available to students at the HSL and at Langsam library. Other libraries on campus also have labs.
HSL Computer Lab
Health Sciences Library
30 seat computer lab
Hardware: 30 Dell Optiplex 7450 All-in-One computers with 23.8" full HD display, Intel Core i5-7500 processor, 16GB memory. 30 Koss Ur/29 headphones, 6 Epson v200 flatbed scanners, 1 Epson DS 6500 scanner with automatic document feeder, 2 WEPA printer kiosks.
Programs: Dermatology, Firefox ESR, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Java, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Silverlight, Python, R 3.4.1, Ratcvs, Rstudio, SAS 9.4 (computers 1-3), VLC Player, WEPA print driver, Write-N-Cite plug-in, Windows 10 64-bit OS, VMWare Horizon Client (other software available at UCVlabs.uc.edu with the VMWare client)
Contact: Peter Poulos