As of Monday, August 23, 2021, The Desk @ Langsam has ceased lending equipment, including laptops, cameras, projects, microphones and speakers, etc. This change is the result of low usage and the service no longer meeting the current needs of our students.
If you have a question about this change or equipment items you have still checked out to your library account, email Ben Kline.
All currently checked out laptops and other equipment were due August 31, 2021. Users should return equipment, visit The Desk @ Langsam Library. Fines will not be incurred or collected for items checked out during the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We thank the entire UC community for their patience as we navigate our services during these difficult times.
Other Equipment Resources on Campus
- IT@UC continues to assist students with long term laptop needs through their NEXT Apprenticeship Program. (The link leads to an explanation of the program and an application form.)
- Nursing students - Contact the CATER Help Desk.
- College of Medicine students - Visit the HSL Library.
- DAAP students – laptops and cameras – DAAP only.
- CCM Media students - audio, video and presentation equipment - Media Production Office. (Not available for non-CCM students taking CCM classes at this time.)
- CECH students - Contact the CECH Library for technology. (For CECH students only.)