Health and Safety Protocols
Anyone entering a UC Libraries facility must adhere to the University of Cincinnati’s Safety and Health Protocols, which include:
- Wearing of facial coverings at all times while in library spaces.
- Temperature and COVID-19 symptom check before entering library spaces. Any users exhibiting symptoms are not allowed on campus or in library spaces.
- All users must maintain a minimum 6ft separation from other users. Library spaces have been reconfigured to allow for this spacing.
- Other library on-site policies and protocols include:
- Tables and chairs may not be moved or reconfigured in order to ensure social distancing.
- All users must clean their table and chair upon leaving. The library advises that all users consider a wipe-down upon arrival to their seating location as well. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Food and drink will NOT be allowed in any library location. Consumption of food and drink must occur in designated locations around campus outside of the libraries.
- On-site services will be limited and conducted remotely whenever possible (e.g., via online CHAT or phone). When staff come out to service points to assist, we kindly ask that all users maintain social distancing protocols as we continue to ensure the safety of library employees and the UC Community.
- With limited exceptions at Classics and the CCM Library, there is no browsing of library materials. Access to physical materials will continue to be provided by the Click & Collect service, which will expand to multiple times per week.
- Group study rooms will not be available.
- Computer labs located within library facilities will be available with social distancing measurements and cleaning protocols in place.