COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Library Service Updates & Resources
All UC Libraries physical locations are closed until further notice. This includes the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library.
Library users should keep their library materials. Due dates have been extended for all materials. Fines will not be incurred for UC, OhioLINK or Interlibrary Loan items.
If you absolutely must return equipment, please contact Public Safety at (513) 556-1111 in advance and arrange to meet an officer. DO NOT LEAVE equipment items outside of the library. Books may be returned to the drop slot outside of the main entrance of Langsam Library.
This page is meant to provide library updates and resources and will be edited frequently.
For up-to-date university information regarding coronavirus - https://www.uc.edu/publichealth.html
For information regarding the availability of UC jurisdictional libraries:
- UC Blue Ash Library – https://libraries.uc.edu/libraries/ucba/ucba-covid19.html
- Clemont Colleage Library – https://libraries.uc.edu/libraries/clermont.html
- Law Library – https://law.uc.edu/education/library.html
Important Online Links
Resources for Users
The Research Labs @ GMP (Research and Data Services) will only offer virtual consultation hours or support until further notice.
- If you are seeking assistance, please email ASKDATA@UC.EDU, and we will respond to your request during our normal hours of operations.
- We will use Microsoft Teams with video for consultations to help maintain a sense of real time engagement.
- If you have an urgent issue, please indicate the timeline needed for your project or request in your email. Though we are confident we can offer the same level of support during this unique and trying time, we ask your flexibility and patience.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library will continue to answer reference and research questions. Leave a voicemail message at (513)556-1959, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will respond as soon as possible.
- The Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions staff will continue to answer reference and research questions. Please leave a voicemail message at (513)555-5120, or e-mail email@example.com and they will respond as soon as possible.
- When working remotely, remember to authenticate via off-campus access to use library databases and resources.
- Search for articles, books, journals, databases and more via the search box on the UC Libraries’ homepage.
- Course and subject guides created by librarians across all of UC’s Libraries are the perfect place to browse for discipline-specific research resources.
If you experience difficulties in accessing an e-resource, please contact us through online form.
Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) can, at no charge, electronically provide journal articles and other materials when available from other institutions' libraries. Please visit the Find, Request, Borrow page and the Interlibrary Loan page for details. Please note that as the COVID-19 situation affects our delivery services, we cannot provide print materials at this time.
OhioLINK borrowing is not available. For more information - https://www.ohiolink.edu/COVID-19
- Please make every effort to check out the print library materials you need before you leave campus and keep them until face to face instruction resumes.
- Please keep all currently checked out materials until face to face instruction resumes.
- NO FINES OR FEES will be assessed for overdue items (including items they cannot be renewed) borrowed via UC Libraries, OhioLINK, and Interlibrary Loan.
- Contact us through an online form with questions.