Covid-19 (novel coronavirus)
Latest Services Update - May 27
All UC Libraries physical locations are closed until further notice.
UC Libraries is finalizing plans to provide users with access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research. A print collection retrieval and pickup service is being planned to begin soon after June 8. Once all preparatory activities are completed, we will announce an official start date of the service. Library users will not be allowed inside library spaces, but will be able to request and pick up library materials in designated locations. Details on exact timing and how to utilize the retrieval and pickup service will be forthcoming.
This page is meant to provide library updates and resources and will be edited frequently.
For up-to-date university information regarding coronavirus - https://www.uc.edu/publichealth.html
Important Online Links
Key Info on Library Resources & Services
The Research Labs @ GMP (Research and Data Services) will only offer virtual consultation hours or support until further notice.
- If you are seeking assistance, please email ASKDATA@UC.EDU, and we will respond to your request during our normal hours of operations.
- We will use Microsoft Teams with video for consultations to help maintain a sense of real time engagement.
- If you have an urgent issue, please indicate the timeline needed for your project or request in your email. Though we are confident we can offer the same level of support during this unique and trying time, we ask your flexibility and patience.
- The Archives and Rare Books Library will continue to answer reference and research questions. Leave a voicemail message at (513)556-1959, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will respond as soon as possible.
- The Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions staff will continue to answer reference and research questions. Please leave a voicemail message at (513)555-5120, or e-mail email@example.com and they will respond as soon as possible.
- When working remotely, remember to authenticate via off-campus access to use library databases and resources.
- Search for articles, books, journals, databases and more via the search box on the UC Libraries’ homepage.
- Course and subject guides created by librarians across all of UC’s Libraries are the perfect place to browse for discipline-specific research resources.
If you experience difficulties in accessing an e-resource, please contact us through online form.
Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) can, at no charge, electronically provide journal articles and other materials when available from other institutions' libraries. Please visit the Find, Request, Borrow page and the Interlibrary Loan page for details. Please note that as the COVID-19 situation affects our delivery services, we cannot provide print materials at this time.
OhioLINK borrowing is not available. For more information - https://www.ohiolink.edu/COVID-19
- Library users should keep their library materials. Due dates have been extended for all materials. Fines will not be incurred for UC, OhioLINK or Interlibrary Loan items.
- If you absolutely must return equipment, please contact Public Safety at (513) 556-1111 in advance and arrange to meet an officer. DO NOT LEAVE equipment items outside of the library. Books may be returned to the drop slot outside of the main entrance of Langsam Library.
- Contact us through an online form with questions.