Ambitious Goals for the Future
Now is the time to help us honor Dr. Winkler for the enormous contributions he has made to the University of Cincinnati, to the community, and to the growth of the Center that now carries his name.
The Winkler Center’s Advisory Board is energetically working to secure the necessary funds to create an endowment to support a professional archivist/historian position, a reference staff position, and operating and program expenses. The Winkler Center operates solely on gift and endowment funds.
Gifts, multi-year pledges, and planned gifts may be made to the Fund for the Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions. This fund will be used to develop this endowmwnt.
Major donors to the Center will have the opportunity to:
- Name the Center’s Oral History Series
- Name the Center’s Books and Archives Collections Wing
Other funding opportunities include:
- Name and endow the Archivist position
- Continue to digitize the archives of Dr. Sabin to preserve them and provide online access for papers, medals, awards, and honors that are heavily used by researchers.
- Process the recent additions of the Leland Clark and Elwood Jensen archives
- Digitize and publish on the Web the Winkler Center’s instruments, art, and museum pieces, including the pre-Columbian art collection of Dr. Leon Goldman, “Medicine in Art” artifacts, antique face jars, and medical instruments
- Sponsor the annual Cecil Striker Lecture
Once completed, the Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions will link our region’s distinguished medical history with its exciting future by preserving significant historical resources for future generations.
To make a gift to the Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions, please contact:
Christa Bernardo, Director of Development,
University of Cincinnati Libraries,
P.O. Box 210033, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0033;
Phone (513) 556-0055 ;