library instruction services
For information on services, please see our Library Services for Faculty brochure (PDF).
- Course-Related Instruction
Classes are customizable and can cover a range of resources or focus on research strategies and critical thinking concepts.
- Scheduling Instruction
Schedule a session with a librarian to teach your students the research and information literacy skills necessary to succeed in college.
Please keep the following in mind when requesting your session:
- Request library instruction using the online Instruction Request Form.
- Requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- Schedule your session in conjunction with a research assignment. Students should have an understanding of the assignment and their topic before the session and be ready to start their research.
- Refer to the Library Instruction Policy for information on support for classes in the Library and faculty involvement.
- Blackboard Librarian
Provide direct access to a librarian and curricular support for students. Contact your library liaison about creating a Library Research area in your course site. This can include helpful research tips, links to course-specific resources, research guides and tutorials.
Click HERE for an example of what we can do in Blackboard.
- Library Tours
- Mission & Goals
- Find out about our mission statement, goals for the library instruction program, and our student learning outcomes. Visit the Mission & Goals webpage.
- Instruction Team
Stephena Harmony email@example.com
Art & Visual Communication, eMedia, History, Philosophy & Political Science
Allied Health Sciences, Dental Hygiene, Nursing
Behavioral Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics & Computer Science, Veterinary Technology Lauren Wahman
Business & Economics, English & Communication, Foreign Language
- Faculty Resources
- Library Workshops
The Library, in conjunction with the UCBA Faculty Development Committee and the Learning & Teaching Center, offers a series of workshops each academic year. Visit the Library Workshops webpage.
This page was last updated on 3/20/2013 by Lauren Wahman .