“Life of the Mind” is an annual lecture series that features interdisciplinary conversations with UC faculty around a one-word theme followed by audience Q&A. The series includes intriguing insights from diverse perspectives, and encourages faculty and students from across UC to engage in further discourse. Each quarter, there are two “Life of the Mind” sessions with three "thought provocateurs" contributing to each session. In all, six distinguished faculty members will address the same theme from unique and diverse perspectives.
Life of the Mind is Sponsored by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost, the Chair of the University Faculty, and the UC Libraries. Steering Committee members:
- Co-Chair: Richard Miller, Chair of the University Faculty
- Co-Chair: Xuemao Wang, Dean and University Librarian
- Barbara N. Ramusack, Taft Professor Emerita of History
- Robert Richardson, Taft Professor of Philosophy
- Ronald Millard, Professor of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics