Safety / Toxicology
- History of the MSDS
Registration required to view an MSDS
- Material Safety Data Sheets List
- MSDS Search
- MSDS sites on the Internet
- CDC Office of Health
and Safety Information System
Contains biosafety information, safety manuals, and links to health and safety sites.
Health and Safety Data
From the US National Toxicology Program
- Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology
- Environmental Fate Data Base
Biodegradation and environmental fate data and summaries
- Hazardous Chemicals Database
From University of Akron. Lists physical properties, hazard ratings, and physical description.
- Hazardous/ Toxic (CalTech)
- National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is the Federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related disease and injury.
- National Toxicology Program
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration
Provides event information, manuals, news items, technical links, and regulation and compliance information.
- Right to Know Network
Numerous databases on toxicology and hazardous chemicals
- United States Chemical Safety Investigation
Contains the Chemical Incidents Report Center. Also contains information on investigations and news, conferences and meetings, and career opportunities.
- United States Environmental Protection
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) implements the Federal laws designed to promote public health by protecting our Nation's air, water, and soil from harmful pollution.
Laboratory Safety Guidelines
- Chemical and Engineering News - Safety Letters
- Chemical Safety Manuals
- Environmental, Safety, and Health Manual
- How to Practice Safe Science
- National Safety Council: News and Resources
A safety, health and environment search engine and news network that uses subject area experts to answer questions and guide you to information and resources on the web.
- OSHA Chemical Sampling Information
- Personal Protective Equipment Program
- Safety in the Chemistry Laboratory - NFPA labels
- Safety in the Chemistry Laboratory - HMIG and HMIS labels
- Selection and Usage of Chemically-Resistant Gloves