- American Association of Plant Physiologists
To promote the growth and development of plant physiology, to encourage and publish research in plant physiology, and to promote the interests and growth of plant scientists in general. Publishes the journals, "Plant Physiology" and "The Plant Cell".
- American Bryological and Lichenological Society
An organization devoted to the scientific study of all aspects of the biology of bryophytes and lichen-forming fungi.
WWW Virtual Library.
- Botanical Society of America
Promoting research and teaching in all fields of plant biology to facilitate cooperation among plant scientists worldwide and to disseminate knowledge of plants, algae, and fungi. Links to the American Journal of Botany, Plant Science Bulletin, national meetings and symposia, and educational resources.
- Botanical Society of America - Online Image Collection
A collection of approximately 800 images available for instructional use. Currently, there are 14 collections of images: Plant Geography, Plant Morphology, Phloem Development, Xylem Development, Floral Ontogeny, Lichens, Economic Botany, Carnivorous Plants, Organography, Pollen, Paleobotany, Plant Defense Mechanisms, Plant Anatomy, and Cellular Communication Channels.
Includes a botanical dictionary, advice for gardeners, and a store selling plants.
- Common Names for Plant Diseases
Listing of plant pathogens and the diseases they incite. Can search the Common Names database by keyword or select one of the plant disease collections listed in the Table of Contents.
- Electronic Sites of Leading Botany, Plant Biology, and
Links to the electronic sites of major journals publishing articles about plants and plant biology.
Includes FlowerBase, offering over 7,000 pictures of flowers, plants and garden plants.
- Garden Web Glossary
The Garden Web Glossary of Botanical Terms currently contains 3,700 terms relating to botany, gardening, horticulture and landscape architecture. Regularly updated.
- Gray Card Index
Over 300,000 citations of New World vascular plant taxa, searchable by plant name from Harvard Gray Herbarium.
- International Association for Plant Taxonomy
Purpose is to carry out projects of interest and concern to systematic biologists, especially those which require or profit from international cooperation.
- International Association of Vegetation Science
The group's purpose is to promote research and education in vegetation science as well as to facilitate scientific and personal contacts among vegetation scientists of all countries.
- The International Plant Names Index
A database of the names and associated basic bibliographical details of all seed plants.
- Internet Directory for Botany
An index to botanical information available on the Internet. It consists of two parts, an alphabetical directory and a categorical directory.
Plant database with over 38,000 entries.
- Plants Database
Information, fact sheets, and links from the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Poisonous Plants Database
Includes plant images, pictures of affected animals and presentations concerning the botany, chemistry, toxicology, diagnosis and prevention of poisoning of animals by plants and other natural flora (fungi, etc.).
- Vascular Plant Image Gallery
A repository of over 8,800 plant images developed and maintained by the TAMU-BWG, plus those made available by collaborators, is available for public use. The system allows access by Family and a 'string query' option that returns image sets that match a specific word input by the user.
- Virtual Plant and Animal Cells
3D voyage into a plant cell.
- Agriculture History on the Internet US Department of Agriculture finding aid for the history of American agriculture.
- Elements of Scientific Agriculture Part of the Making of America project, this digitized 1855 text describes the connections between science and farming. Text is searchable.
- How Crops Grow Another Making of America text, this 1868 treatise describes the chemical composition, structure, and life of crops.
- The Progressive Farmer Another Making of America text, this 1859 treatise covers agricultural chemistry, the geology of agriculture, including plants, animals, manure, and soil.
- Vegetable MD Online
The Department of Plant Pathology at Cornell University provides this online guide to vegetable diseases. A compilation of vegetable disease fact sheets, the site is organized by crop and offers photographic images and a description of each vegetable crop in healthy and diseased states.