Poster Printing: CECH Library
The CECH Library has a large-format poster printer for your use, located in the Media Production Lab (Room 325):
In order for a poster to print correctly, follow these specifications and guidelines:
- Files must be created in PowerPoint.
- Always set your PowerPoint page size before designing the poster. We currently have three templates for printing posters: 18" x 24", 24" x 36", and 36" x 48". For example, if the poster will be 36" x 48," enter the dimensions 36" x 48." The largest size poster we can print is 36" x 48." The maximum length is 48".
- Use an all-white background (small graphics may be in color). See Costs Table below for the price differential for color.
- The maximum length is 48".
- Save the document to a flash drive.
- Make an appointment with Al Early to review poster content, and then allow a two (2) day turnaround time to be safe. If processing complications do not occur, the poster may be printed the day of the appointment. Contact info: Al Early (556-1307) or email@example.com.
- UC Graduate Student Poster Preparation Website
- Dos and Don'ts of Poster Presentations
- Designing Effective Posters
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
- Other websites for poster design and presentation
See the Printing Costs Table below for costs. The average research poster is 3' x 4', costing $48.00. All sales are final.
Please note that we cannot accept grant based account numbers for payment.
We accept only Bearcat cards or NIU numbers (non-grant based) for payment.
The CECH Library is not responsible for user errors in page design, page set up or omission of text. If there is an equipment error, malfunction, or an input error, entered by the CECH Library staff, the patron will NOT be responsible for the cost.
Once the page is printed and there are no mechanical errors or defects caused by CECH staff, prompt payment is expected. Once the poster is printed and accepted there are no refunds. All sales are final.
If you would like to have your poster laminated, please review the Lamination Costs Table below.
Please see the Media Production Lab Store Price List for more instructional materials!
|Amount of Color in Poster||Price|
Posters that use less than 25% color
$12.00/ft. or $1.00/in.
|Posters that use more than 25% color||$15.00/ft. or $1.25/in.|
|Width up to 40 inches||$5.46/ft or $.45/in.|