The CEAS Library staff offers the following reference assistance:
- identifying and locating information,
- help and training in the use of the UC library catalog, OhioLINK, and other library resources,
- preparing of engineering and applied science reference and resource guides,
- referring to other appropriate locations or libraries.
The Assistant Engineering & Applied Science Librarian, Jim Clasper, is generally available for reference assistance Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. At other times, ask for help at the CEAS Library circulation desk. You may use the Ask a Librarian form to communicate your information need directly to the Assistant Engineering & Applied Science Librarian. You may also send an e-mail to Jim.Clasper@uc.edu or call the CEAS Library at 556-1452 or 556-1550 with requests for assistance.
The 24-hour Information Commons @ CEAS Library is located at the north end of Baldwin 8th floor. After-hours, it is available to CEAS students, staff, and faculty via card swipe. This open computing area offers a comfortable work space with a great westward view over the Quadrangle to the distant hills.
The Information Commons contains 16 workstations that authenticate with the UC Central Login. Printing is available using the Pharos system and Bearcat card. 10 unassigned seats provide electrical outlets for laptop users. A 24-hour photocopier is also available (more details).
Info Commons Software (all workstations)
- Internet Explorer 10
- Mozilla Firefox (v.184.108.40.206)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Remote Application (Virtual Workstation) to access:
- MATLAB R2013a
- Wolfram Mathematica 8
- (Instructions are provided to use this remote application)
The Info Commons also has a photocopier, scanner and a large whiteboard for group collaboration.
At the request of faculty members, the CEAS librarians provide instruction in the use of library resources relevant to the discipline. See also the Instruction section for class presentations. General workshops are also offered on a regular basis.OhioLINK from the online catalog and use the REQUEST THIS ITEM link to request materials that are not available at UC.
If the materials you need are not available at UC or through OhioLINK, you may request the item through ILLIAD (Interlibrary Loan). You can track the request process in your ILLIAD account. You will be notified by email when the item is received.
Requests or recommendations for materials to be purchased for the CEAS Library are welcome. All requests will be given consideration within budgetary limitations. When submitting requests, please provide as much bibliographic data as possible (i.e., author, title, publisher, year, and cost). You can recommend items to purchase for the library by contacting Ted Baldwin or Jim Clasper.
A UC identification card entitles borrowing privileges at all UC libraries and at SWON (Southwest Ohio Consortium) libraries.
- Printing (Pharos) costs $0.07 per print and is paid for using a Bearcat Campus Card.
- Photocopiers cost $0.10 per copy (copiers give change for $1 and $5), or $0.08
per copy with use of a Bearcat card.
- UC guests without a Bearcat card can purchase
a copy card at a card kiosk in Langsam Library or Tangeman University Center (TUC).
- You can add money to your Bearcat card (by credit card, cash
or check) at any UC Bookstore, by credit card at www.uc.edu/bearcatcard.html,
or at machines described above.
- More information can be found at the University of Cincinnati Libraries print site.
New Books received by the CEAS Library each month are listed on the CEAS Library website.
Return to Guide to the CEAS Library
Return to CEAS Library
Send comments to: Ted Baldwin, Head, CEAS Library
Last modified: twb 2/12/14