Classes & Workshops
Workshops on specific databases or topics are available upon request for departments, lab groups, etc. Contact Kristen Burgess (513-558-3071) for more details.
Check out the current full listing of classes & workshops
Workshops conducted in the past include:
- Data management planning and management - An introduction to the importance of data management planning with tips for creating a data management plan and an overview of tools from the library.
- Types, Formats, and Stages of Data
- Contextual Details Needed to Make Data Meaningful to Others
- Data Storage, Backup, and Security
- Legal and Ethical Considerations for Research Data
- Discovering datasets - Learn about data repositories including government data sets, figshare, and Dryad.
- Manage your research identify - Learn to manage your research identify using unique author identifiers. This course provides an overview of ORCID, My ResearcherID, and the Scopus Author ID.
- NCBI Tools - Get information and training on the use of biomedical and genomic information databases of the National Center for Biomedical Informatics (NCBI).
- Show me the money - Find out who funds research studies and trials and get tips for finding these sources.