The University of Cincinnati Libraries offer many ways to create and access digital resources in a variety of spaces across campus.
A Collaborative Space for Innovation at the Health Sciences Library
Health Sciences Library
The Informatics Lab is designed for innovative and collaborative hands-on learning experiences. It is a place for UC researchers and graduate students to connect, collaborate, and receive research support services.
To reserve the room fill out the form at http://med.uc.edu/comlibraries/informatics-lab-form/. With any other questions please contact us at email@example.com. The primary audience for the space is faculty and graduate students at the UC Academic Health Center.
Technology and Software
Windows 7:Office,Skype, SPSS,SAS,R, RStudio, Matlab,Cytoscape, ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoDA, TerraGO Toolbar, Satscan, EpiInfo, 7zip,Notepad++,Python + scipy + NumPy IGV,MySQL Workbench, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, InCopy, Dreamweaver, FlashPro/Builder, Acrobat Pro, Audition, Bridge, Animate, Prelude, Fireworks)
OSX:Office, Skype, SPSS, SAS, R, RStudio, Matlab, Cytoscape,QGIS, GeoDA, TerraGO Toolbar, Satscan, EpiInfo, TextMate, The Unarchiver, Python + scipy + NumPy IGV, MySQL workbench, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, InCopy, Dreamweaver, FlashPro/Builder, Acrobat Pro, Audition, Bridge, Animate, Prelude, Fireworks)
Equipment: 2 iMacs,2 PCs,1 AirMedia unit for wireless presentation from any mobile device,4 whiteboard tables, 2 standing whiteboards, 1 wall-mounted white board
Policies and Guidelines
- To reserve this room, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you need the whole space, the iMac, or the Windows PC and the requested time. A web form will be available in the future for reservations.
- Informatics Lab is open to the UC students, faculty, and staff. The highest priority is given to UC AHC faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Due to the unique and specialized equipment available in the Informatics Lab, recurring and repetitive reservations are limited so it may serve a wide range of groups within the AHC.
- A minimum group of three individuals is required to reserve the entire room. Individuals can reserve the computers.
- Faculty, staff, or graduate students may reserve the room for two hours at a time. It is possible to reserve two, two-hour timeslots for longer projects or meetings.
- If this room is not used within 20 minutes of the scheduled reservation start-time, it is considered vacant and will be available to others on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Based on interest and use, we plan to expand this space with more equipment and programs.
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 AM - 5 PM
Food and Drink: Items for personal consumption (e.g. drinks or snacks) are allowed, but formal, catered events are not permitted.
Contact us: email@example.com
Below is a selection of computer labs available to students at the HSL and at Langsam library. Other libraries on campus also have labs.
HSL Computer Lab
Health Sciences Library
90 seat computer lab
Hardware: 91 Computers (66 Dell Optiplex 790, 12 Dell Optiplex 7010, 8 Dell Optiplex 780, 5 Printer Release Stations (Dell Optiplex 755))
5 Printers (4 HP Laserjet 602dn, 1 HP Color Laserjet 4700dn), 5 Epson Perfection V200 scanners, 1 Nikon LS-2000 slide scanner, 1 Crestron Airmedia unit (to be installed 2/14)
Software: Microsoft Office 2010 (Access, Excel, InfoPath Designer, InfoPath Filler, Picture Manager, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word), Adobe Acrobat Reader and Pro, Flash Player, Shockwave Player, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Java Plugin, MacAfee, Quicktime Player, SAS, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Silverlight, Turningpoint, QuestionMark Secure Browser, Citrix Online Plugin, Epson Scanning software, Histology Image Review, Neurolab, Nutrition in Medicine, RALE Lung Sounds, RASWIN, Cardiac Auscultation, Dermatology, Pharm-Cardio
Contact: Peter Poulos